We made and ate off hundreds of prototypes for dinner plates before landing on this form. With just a hint of a lip, these wheel thrown plates are the for-a-lifetime purchase you've been looking for. Unlike most handmade stoneware, East Fork dinner plates stacks neatly and fit easily into standard dishwasher racks.
All of our work is made by hand, with minimally refined clay and glazed with small-batch, house-made glazes. Slight variations in size, shape, and surface should be expected and embraced. We hope you’ll find that these small idiosyncrasies lend your dinnerware depth and character; if you foresee any concerns when placing your order, please get in touch so that we can address them.
- Stamped: East Fork
- 10.5" W x 1.5" H
- Dishwasher, microwave and oven safe.
- Not recommended for use under a broiler
- Mars is only available on vases, mugs, and tumblers.
- If you are interested in purchasing a full dinner set, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll help you place your order
- If a product you've got your eye on is out of stock, please give us a ring at our brick + mortar at 828-575-2150 or shoot an email to email@example.com to check availability or be informed when it comes back in stock.
Simple Linen Napkins to pair perfectly with our full range of glaze colors. Beyond being the obvious choice over paper when you're keeping the planet in mind, using a cloth napkins makes even the blah-est of leftovers feel special. And really, why own any textiles that aren't made of linen?
- Belgian Linen woven and stonewashed in Portugal
- 20"x 20"
- By Hawkins NY
An East Fork Favorite - this gorgeous flatware set is made from Industrial brass in the Lue Brass workshop, run by Ruka Kikuchi. Kikuchi learned brass work under a seven year apprenticeship with his father, a master craftsman. This set patinas richly overtime or can be easily polished to shine with a little lemon juice and salt. Each piece nests into one another and can be securely fastened together with a brass clip.
Brass Fastening Clip for Stacking
Available in 9-inch, 12-inch, and 15-inch widths, these Cherrywood Bowls were turned by the Holland Bowl Mill, near the shores of Lake Michigan just for East Fork. We love them for their functionality and easy, breezy, no-pretense beauty. One of the few commercial producers of turned wood bowls left in the country, the Holland Bowl Mill is a true gem of American craftsmanship and industry. They've been at it proudly since 1924.
- Etched with East Fork Pottery on the bottom (see photos)
- The 9-inch bowl makes a great bowl for a vegetable side or a salad for 1. Its dimensions are: 9-3/8" X 1-7/8"
- The 12-inch bowl is your perfect 2-5 person family salad bowl. Its dimensions are: 12"x 2 3/4"
- The 15-inch bowl is the one you'll bring to a dinner party or fill with your farmer's market haul. Or, if you like salad as much as we do, it's perfect for a 6 person family. Its dimensions are: 15" x 4-1/2"
- All Natural bee's oil finish
- Handwash only
- Dressing your salad with oil based dressings in the bowl will help keep your wood supple. If you notice your wood drying out, give it a little rub with flax seed oil, bees wax or carnuba oil.